First, I want to send love and support to all those who are in Boston and Texas! I can't even begin to imagine all they are going through. Our hearts go out to all of you!
1. My week has been filled with State Testing. We completed Language Arts this week! Next week, we will conquer math! All my kids have shown up every day so far!!! That means...NO MAKE UP testing and an ice cream party is in their future if they keep it up! Yipee!!
2. We started getting ready for Earth Day with a little poetry about recycling. We also make these adorable frogs from my Recycling Frog Glyph packet. It was a great way to have some fun after all our testing.
3. We finally got around to making our prefix and suffix bubblicious boys and girls from my Bubblicious Fun packet. (You can see my original post HERE.)We were going to make these last week, but my incredible student teacher was having an observation this week, so we waited so she could teach this lesson. Check out the little girl with the black braids. That student picked a word with a prefix AND suffix to make the word- uneatable! Someone got the concept!!!
4. My own two boys got up close and personal with this beautiful guy last weekend. I told them not to make him mad, or he might spit on them !:)
5. I just finished and posted my latest packet to help teach different types of reference materials. My kids always have trouble knowing what an encyclopedia is (because they don't use them any more) and the differences between a dictionary and thesaurus. Our district and state tests always have questions about reference materials, so I needed a fun way to review and reinforce it before testing. They seemed to really be engaged and the activities helped them a TON!
Make sure to stop by tomorrow to check out my Product Swap post with products from my sweet blogging friend, Aimee from Primarily Speaking! You don't want to miss it! Have a great weekend!