1. So right after school yesterday, my family and I went to do this:
Yep, that is me in a giant air tube! We went skydiving at iFly! OMG, what an awesome experience! Friends of ours asked our family to join them on this incredible adventure. My boys (5 and 8) were so excited! When you get there, you watch a quick video to teach you hand signals you need to understand from your instructor while your are in the tube. Then we got suited up: earplugs, goggles, helmet and all! There are parts of your body that start flapping in the wind, that you didn't know could flap in the wind-HA!
2. After our adventure, we went to dinner at a Brazilian restaurant. If you have never been to this type of restaurant, they bring your food to the table on giant "swords" and cut off the pieces right in front of you! Another crazy, fun experience!
Now on to some teaching fun!
3. We are in the middle of our telling time unit and my kids made watches and went around the room asking each other "What Time Is It? You can read more about this activity HERE. The kids loved it!
4. This week I ordered more of these from My Binding. I think I have been a laminating machine lately. I can't believe I already need more.
5. And finally I completed activities to compliment my Wild and Wacky Weather Unit which we will be starting in a few weeks. I am super excited to use this unit. It has literacy activities, graphing practice, common core writing activities and craftivities. I am in the process of laminating and getting it all ready!