I can't wait to say it.... Yep, it is that time of week again... FRIDAY!!!! Hip, Hip, Hurray for Friday!!! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for this week's Five for Friday.
I can't say that I had a snow day like many others of you out there. However, we have had a wack-a-doodle week of weather. It started off sunny and in the high 70's and low 80's. I sent my boys to school is shorts. Today it is "freezing," in the 50's with scattered showers and a moment of hail!!! Talk about extreme weather! OK, enough with the weather report. Here is my week in review:
1. We continued celebrating football season and the Big Game with this little craftivity and writing assignment.
2. We sequenced the story of There Was An Old Lady That Swallowed A Rose. The kids cut out the story elements and put them in order.
3. We worked on getting our room festive for Valentine's Day. We made a friendship letter mailbox area in our room. The kids each made a envelope and then all the kids wrote letters to one another throughout the week. They will read them on Valentine's Day. We also worked on reviewing compound words and contractions. Each student made a heart banner showcasing their word.
4. I finished up a little writing craftivity for St. Patty's day that is aligned to the common core standards. I can't wait to make these with my class. They are going to squeal with delight. You can find this little guy in my store: St. Patrick's Day Craftivity and Writing Prompts.
5. AND, I just ordered a bunch of new Dodger apparel for the hubs and I because my oldest just found out his Little League team will be the Dodgers this season. My husband is the manager, so we need to represent. Now I need to get a Marlins shirt to support my little guys team. When is Old Navy coming out with there MLB shirts??? I need me some baseball shirts....
Have a great weekend! Happy Friday!