2. I am jammin' on creating a summer packet of review skills for my second graders. I don't want them forgetting all those amazing common core standards I taught them this year :) It reviews language arts, writing and math skills.
3. This time of year is nutty in my house. My hub's and mother's birthdays are one day apart from one another AND they always fall on, around or very near to Mother's Day! It's the trifecta of craziness! This year, the boys and I are taking the hubs to a Dodger game on his birthday. Then he is golfing with a buddy, early in the morning of Mother's Day and meeting the kids and I for brunch in Santa Barbara. I CAN'T WAIT! Hopefully, all the festivities will go off without a hitch. My mom and I are going to have some girl time over Memorial Day weekend-shopping, lunch and massages.
4. I can never find time to get my hair done. My weekends are busier than my weekdays and I always find a million things that have to get done before I sit for 2+hours at a hair salon. Don't get me wrong. I love the "alone" time and getting beautified but it just doesn't fit into the schedule easily. Must-make-my-appointment!
5. My washing machine has been on the fritz for awhile, but it still is working. It drips water on the inside of the machine after each load I wash. I have been ignoring it, but now I must face reality. Friday is the day...hopefully it is an easy fix. Fingers crossed.
6. Summer...ahhh...sweet summer. I usually have the entire summer scheduled out, but not this year. I don't have camp for the kids booked (not worried, and I don't know why). We don't have our family trip booked (usually done a year in advanced. Again, not worried and I don't know why). We will go somewhere... And I know I will be pluggin' away at new units for my class and revising some older ones. But most importantly, I want to relax and enjoy the summer!
Head on over and join in the fun! I can't wait to read what you are all up to right now!