1. State Testing is OVER! I have to say, I am super proud of my little darlings. We tested for 6...yes, 6 days! And not one of my little kiddos was ever absent!! That means no make-ups! Yay!!! They were focused and worked so hard. They checked their work and took the whole experience very seriously -LOVE it! So today the "testing fairy" visited them with a box of these:
2. We worked on reviewing some important skills this week too. I wanted to reinforce synonyms and antonyms and how to use a thesaurus. The kids worked in pairs and helped each other make some Sweet S'mores Sensations.
3. We only have 28 more school day left (who's counting, though). We did a fun activity for the kids to reflect on all that they have accomplished this year. (I also needed one more bulletin board to get me to the end of the year) My kids wrote about their bright futures.
They finished these with seconds to spare at the end of the day, so I don't have a pic of their final product, but I hope this gives you the idea. I am giving away a copy of this activity to one of my sweet blog followers. Click HERE to leave a comment so you can have a chance to get it! I am picking the winner tomorrow morning.
4. My husband is chairing on of the largest fundraisers at my sons' school tomorrow- 4th Annual Movie Night! We have been working so hard to put this event together. Now it is crunch time! We get a huge drive in movie screen and everyone brings their beach chairs, blankets and friends and family. All the dads BBQ dinner, sell popcorn, candy and raffle off prizes. The kids sit down under the stars and they are going to see this classic (the first time for many of them). I can't wait!
5. Finally, I am headed to the kitchen to make dinner. The hubs is cooking these bad boys:
Now I have to go figure out all the side dishes to go with it. I better get moving!
Have a great weekend!