1. This little box and I have spent a tad too much time together this week. I go back to work after a lovely week off and WHAM I get a cold-YUCK!
2. We worked on reviewing money for our state test and the kids sorted sets of coins into "correct" and "incorrect" pockets of their own wallets.
3. We also reviewed summarizing informational text. We read a story called Super Croc which is about a prehistoric crocodile. Then, we made these cute little guys. The kids found three main ideas from the story and then wrote a short summary in the last box.
4. We started our plant unit this week too. We planted lima bean seeds two different ways-with soil and without. The kids are keeping an observation and prediction journal about how the plants will grow.
5. And finally, I am super excited to be a part of Teaching Blog Addict's birthday celebration! Tons of bloggers have linked up their freebies for all of us to grab. Click on the picture below to take you to the first and second grade page. It is like hitting the jackpot of teaching ideas-so much fun!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!