1. First, I have been a baking queen. I love to bake but just can't find the time to always do it. We were invited to our friend's home for a beautiful Seder to celebrate Passover with them. I was in charge of dessert, which I love making. So I decided to make FOUR different kinds of matzah roca. What is that you ask? It is a high caloric amount of deliciousness. It is matzah, butter, brown sugar and toppings of your choice.After it cools in the freezer, you break it up into bite size pieces. I made sea salt, peanut butter, Heath bar and marble with white chocolate. All were a hit!
2. I was able to get my car washed this week! This may not sound like anything exciting to many of you, but it is a big deal for me. My car gets trashed with all the baseball gear and dust and dirt from the field. So, I was thrilled to get it cleaned, even if it only stays that way for a brief moment in time. My son made these while we waited for the car.
3. Last night, I had a Girls Night Out with all the moms on my son's baseball team. We went for massages and then for drinks and dinner. OH MY! What a fun night! We were all thrilled with the idea of getting out of the house and relaxing. We have already booked our date for next month! Love these ladies!
4. I took the boys to see two movies this week. We had to catch up on time lost. We saw Oz and the Croods. We had to see the Croods in 3D. I am not a fan of 3D movies at all. The glasses never fit and are heavy. The kids take them on and off. Just a mess. However, the movie was cute and the kids had a great time. Mission accomplished!
5. Spring cleaning occurred in my kids' rooms. It was awful and long overdue. When you can't dust and vacuum because there is too much "stuff" all over the place, you know it is time to purge! My youngest loves to keep everything. From the Happy Meal toy from 2 years ago to the picture he drew at school in his free time, it all means A LOT to him. It was an all day process, but we cleaned house and now I can see the floor of his room and the tops of his dresser and bookshelf!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend! I promise my post next week will be more school related!